BioTE Hormone Replacement Therapy in Cedar Park
Sustainable Hormone Levels
Since 2017, our team at YS MediSpa & Wellness Center utilizes BioTE (Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy) which uses natural hormones and not the synthetic forms that are found in traditional hormone replacement therapy clinics. All-natural bio-identical hormones are a precise biochemical match to your own hormones. This means they can be easily absorbed and processed by the body. Biote Medical Hormone Pellet Therapy is the only method of hormone replacement therapy that provides sustained hormone levels throughout the day for up to 4 to 6 months, without any “roller coaster” effect.
How to Get Started and What to Expect
Your BioTE age management program will include a thorough consultation with Dr. Laurette Smith, who is also our owner and medical director.
Your treatment may consist of the following:
- Dr. Smith will review your medical history, current symptoms and detailed lab work and if you qualify for hormone therapy, an appointment for the exact pellet insertion will be done by Dr. Smith.
- Pellet insertion is a relatively simple in-office procedure done under local anesthesia. It takes an average of 15-30 minutes in total.
- The pellets are inserted subcutaneously (under the fatty lining of skin) in the upper buttocks through a very small incision.
- The incision is then closed with sterile tape strips. Dr. Smith performs all the insertions.
- Within a week to ten days after your pellet insertion, Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) begins to work, and BioTE Medical patients are back to their active lifestyles.
Benefits of Hormone Therapy
We’ve been providing BioTe Hormone Therapy to women and men in our Cedar Park and surrounding community since 2016. Many patients travel to just see her, which is why most of her patients are through referrals. Dr. Smith has one of the highest retention ratings for BioTe in the Austin area of over 65% clients continue to come back for their pellets and receive her valuable consultations and revisit their annual labs with her.
Other benefits of this treatment include:
- Emotional balance
- Muscle mass
- Excess fat
- Sexual function
- Sense of well-being