Our Weight Loss Clinic Guide to Eating Out on Ideal Protein Phase 1
Many of our weight loss clinic dieters using Ideal Protein go out to eat and still lose weight. With a little planning, staying on Phase 1 isn’t as difficult as you may think. These tips and tricks will give you the tools to stay on track and make the best choices possible.
Avoid non-IP CARBS at all costs. Even if you can’t eat your Ideal Protein foods, you can duplicate the macronutrient ratios of Phase 1 with regular food. During Maintenance, this is how you’ll be eating 80 percent of the time, so dining out is a wonderful time to practice making healthy choices:
- Bring sea salt and some Walden Farms dressings with you.
- Order protein and veggies cooked without oil or butter, or ask that they’re cooked in “light” oil.
- Ask your server to hold carbs like bread, tortillas, and sugary sauces.
- Send something back if it’s not correct. Your body and journey to a healthy metabolism are worth a bit of hassle.
- Bring Ideal Protein snacks like soy nuts to add as croutons/protein on salads.
- For breakfast, stick with eggs, lean ham, and veggies with no oil or butter.
- Modify salads and other menu items, or ask if you can create a salad with the veggies and protein you want on it.
If someone pressures you to eat or drink something off-plan, here are a couple ideas to get you out of a tight spot:
- Alcohol: If friends persist in offering alcohol, tell them you’re on a prescription that interacts with alcohol. Most people won’t continue to push.
- Carbs: Simply tell them the truth—you’re on a medical program to improve your health, and restricting carbs is part of that program.
- 6 oz. Filet Mignon with steamed broccoli and a wild greens salad dressed with lemon, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Baked tilapia with braised mushrooms (no oil or sugar) and a Caesar salad–hold the cheese and croutons, and substitute olive oil, sea salt and vinegar for dressing.
- Cobb salad minus disallowed items, with extra mushrooms and peppers, sliced chicken breast, dressed with lemon wedges, olive oil and sea salt.
- A lean 1/3 lb hamburger, no bun, with mustard and extra lettuce, pickles and red onion with a side salad dressed with olive oil, vinegar, and sea salt.
Dip your fork in dressing, and then stab a bite of salad to get the flavor while minimizing the amount of dressing you use. Try to stick to the following:
- Lemon wedges, a small drizzle of olive oil & sea-salt
- Walden Farms packets
- Olive Oil and Vinegar
Ideal Weight and Skin Can Help
For more information regarding weight loss, or for more information about our weight loss clinic, please contact our team today!